7 Years of Experience Required
Location: New York
Krupa Consulting is seeking a hands-on publicist with extensive consumer products and wellness contacts to help build its roster of mission-driven brands across food & beverage and health & wellness. The ideal candidate is an energetic, creative, strategic thinker, who is an experienced leader and multi-tasker. Candidates must have at least seven years of experience in executing PR and communications activities; know the changing landscapes of consumer products across multiple industries; be confident and independent in managing teams; communicating with clients; and be an excellent writer.
Who You Are:
- Confident and Commanding: You are an enthusiastic leader who excels in speaking, writing, presenting, and communicating internally and externally, which builds client trust and respect, and inspires your teams.
- Savvy Across Consumer Products: You know and want to continue to get to know myriad consumer product landscapes from the inside out and understand the unique positioning of each mission-driven client – from food & beverage to health & wellness. You are also on the pulse of emerging trends in the industry, on social, and in pop culture.
- Connected in Wellness & CPG: You have deep, established relationships across all verticals of media, with top-tier writers, and a diverse variety of influencers, celebrity-management contacts, wellness destinations, culinary spaces, and other possible partnership contacts. You continue to grow and nurture these relationships by networking virtually and at events.
- A Strong Manager: You oversee multiple teams and act as direct supervisor to team members, so you must thrive under pressure, anticipate and meet tight deadlines, and successfully manage and complete multiple projects simultaneously. You invite questions and dialogue, creating learning and growth opportunities for junior team members daily.
- A Big Picture Communicator: You convey big picture logistics and tactics to teams, providing foundational support for initiatives and client asks. You invite questions and dialogue, creating learning and growth opportunities for junior team members daily.
What You Will Do:
- Manage: You will manage a full client roster as team lead and must know the status of each account, performance of each account, and performance of your teams. To the best of your ability, you will anticipate obstacles and provide support, brainstorming, and pivots for all aspects of each client’s PR plan to create high-level impact.
- Strategize: Offer ongoing creative, strategic guidance to your clients and your team members, which is rooted in research; have knowledge of the editorial calendar and industry & product data; and have discernment considering the cultural moments we’re in.
- Communicate: You are the first point of contact for your clients, so you will act as both spokesperson and listener for your teams. You will be expected to welcome both praise and areas of impact that need growth, as we’re all continuously growing to be better, and filter it into your reports through actionable steps. You handle crisis communications with little to no input from the leadership team.
- Prioritize: Set priorities for each client and clearly communicate them to your team. You oversee account budgets and delegate tasks appropriately, knowing where each team member’s time is going. You mentor your team members to learn to set priorities as well.
- Network: Attend events and socialize across relevant industries to continue to build the KRUPA client roster by finding & referring exciting, emerging and established brands to the agency.
- Analyze: Continuously narrow and analyze target markets, instinctually positioning your clients to create a unique consumer product identity and consumer editorial awareness.
- Execute: Create, deliver, and lead client strategy and initiatives. You must think out of the box and show your teams how to do this, setting the bar for creative thinking, evidencing how these ideas are taken to fruition from start to finish through your industry contacts.
Salary Range: $100k+ (Depending on experience.)
What We Provide:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited PTO and paid holidays
- Biannual paid mental health + digital detox days
- Unlimited sick time
- Community Give Back: We raise funds for NAMI and other charities, walk in company 5ks, clean up local neighborhoods, donate to women’s shelters, and other acts of giving.
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching + free financial advising
- 6-weeks paid leave for new parents
- Summer Fridays (end work at 2pm on Fridays, Memorial Day – Labor Day)
- Customized professional development
- Continuing DEIB education and conversation
- Insight Timer Premium
- Company health & wellness virtual classes led by guest experts
KRUPA is committed to creating an inclusive, high-performing environment and believes we are better and stronger as an organization with authentic representation from diverse communities, backgrounds, and beliefs. We provide equal opportunities to qualified candidates and recruit, hire, train, compensate, educate, and promote persons in all positions without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability, or national origin.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.