Director of EMERGING Division – New York
6+ Years of Experience Required
Location: New York
KRUPA is seeking a hands-on publicist with extensive consumer-packaged goods (CPG) and food contacts to head its EMERGING division, providing limited-scope, ground-up PR support to exciting, new brands. The ideal candidate is excited to build a division to the Leadership Team at Krupa. They are enthusiastic, creative, and a strategic thinker, who is an experienced leader and multi-tasker. Candidates must have at least six years of experience in PR and media relations (supervisor or director level) from start to finish; have passion for and know the CPG industry; have confidence in securing earned media placements; be confident in managing teams and communicating with clients; and be an excellent writer.
Who You Are:
- A PR Expert: You have established relationships across all verticals of media, with top-tier writers, and a diverse variety of influencers, and other possible partnership contacts. You continuously build these relationships, both in-person and virtually, and are eager to lock-in meaningful press placements (digital, press, podcast, broadcast) for startup brands.
- Business Minded: You are excited to build a new division of Krupa Consulting and about bringing in new business. You are driven to bring ideas to the table and then execute them.
- A Strong Leader: You are an energizing leader and excel in speaking, writing, presenting, and communicating internally and externally. You thrive under pressure, anticipate and meet tight deadlines, and successfully manage client workloads and lead client communications.
- Start-up Savvy: You know and want to continue to deepen your understanding of CPG and start-up brands like the back of your hand and understand the unique positioning of each mission-driven EMERGING client. You are also keyed into the upcoming trends in the industry, on social, and in pop culture.
What You Will Do:
- Excel at Media Relations: You will lead the earned press strategy and outreach for your clients, ideating relevant pitch angles to secure noteworthy tier 1 press coverage across print, digital, and broadcast.
- Manage: As the Lead of EMERGING, you’re managing the division. You must know the status of each account; each account’s performance; and to your best ability, anticipate obstacles and provide support, brainstorming, and pivots to create high-level impact.
- Strategize: Offer ongoing creative, strategic guidance to EMERGING clients and your team members, which is rooted in research, knowledge of the editorial calendar, industry & product data, and discernment of the cultural moments we’re in.
- Communicate: You are the first point of contact for the clients in this division, so you will serve as both the mouthpiece and the ear for your teams. You’ll be expected to welcome both praise and feedback on areas to improve, as we’re all continuously evolving to be better, and filter it into your reports through actionable steps.
- Prioritize: Set priorities for each client and clearly communicate them to your team. Mentor team members to set priorities as well.
- Network: Attend events and socialize with the industry to continue to build EMERGING by finding & referring new, cool clients and possible partners.
- Execute: Create, deliver, and lead client strategy and initiatives. You must think out of the box and set the bar for creative thinking with your teams, evidencing how these creative ideas are initiated and taken to fruition with your industry contacts.
Salary Range: $90-$120k
What We Provide:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited PTO and paid holidays
- Biannual paid mental health + digital detox days
- $150 monthly wellness stipend
- Unlimited sick time
- Community Give Back: We raise funds for NAMI and other charities, walk in company 5ks, clean up local neighborhoods, donate to women’s shelters, and other acts of giving.
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching + free financial advising
- 6-weeks paid leave for new parents
- Summer Fridays (end work at 2pm on Fridays, Memorial Day – Labor Day)
- Customized professional development
- Continuing DEIB education and conversation
- Insight Timer Premium
- Company health & wellness virtual classes led by guest experts
KRUPA is committed to creating an inclusive, high-performing environment and believes we are better and stronger as an organization with authentic representation from diverse communities, backgrounds, and beliefs. We provide equal opportunities to qualified candidates and recruit, hire, train, compensate, educate, and promote persons in all positions without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability, or national origin.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.