Lead of EMERGING Division, CPG Brands – New York
5+ Years of Experience Required
Location: New York
Krupa Consulting is seeking a hands-on publicist with extensive consumer-packaged goods (CPG) and food contacts to head its EMERGING division, providing limited-scope, ground-up PR support to exciting, new brands. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic, creative, strategic thinker, who is an experienced leader and multi-tasker. Candidates must have at least five years of experience in PR and communications activities from start to finish; know the CPG industry well; be confident in managing teams and communicating with clients; and be an excellent writer.
Who You Are:
- Confident and Commanding: You are an energizing leader of EMERGING and excel in speaking, writing, presenting, and communicating internally and externally, which builds client trust and respect, and inspires your teams.
- CPG Savvy: You know and want to continue to get to know CPG like the back of your hand and understand the unique positioning of each mission-driven EMERGING client. You are also keyed into the upcoming trends in the industry, on social, and in pop culture.
- Connected Across CPG: You have deep, established relationships across all verticals of media, with top-tier writers, and a diverse variety of influencers, celebrity-management contacts, and other possible partnership contacts. You continuously build these relationships, both in-person and virtually.
- A Strong Manager: You will oversee the EMERGING division, so you must thrive under pressure, anticipate and meet tight deadlines, and successfully manage and complete multiple projects simultaneously.
What You Will Do:
- Manage: As the Lead of EMERGING, you’re managing the division, with as many as 8 clients. You must know the status of each account; each account’s performance; and to your best ability, anticipate obstacles and provide support, brainstorming, and pivots to create high-level impact.
- Strategize: Offer ongoing creative, strategic guidance to EMERGING clients and your team members, which is rooted in research, knowledge of the editorial calendar, industry & product data, and discernment of the cultural moments we’re in.
- Communicate: You are the first point of contact for the clients in this division, so you will serve as both the mouthpiece and the ear for your teams. You’ll be expected to welcome both praise and feedback on areas to improve, as we’re all continuously evolving to be better, and filter it into your reports through actionable steps.
- Prioritize: Set priorities for each client and clearly communicate them to your team. Mentor team members to set priorities as well.
- Network: Attend events and socialize with the industry to continue to build EMERGING by finding & referring new, cool clients and possible partners.
- Analyze: Continuously narrow and analyze target markets, instinctually positioning EMERGING clients to create unique consumer product identity and consumer/editorial awareness.
- Execute: Create, deliver, and lead client strategy and initiatives. You must think out of the box and set the bar for creative thinking with your teams, evidencing how these creative ideas are initiated and taken to fruition with your industry contacts.
Salary Range: $85 – $100k
What We Provide:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited PTO and paid holidays
- Biannual paid mental health + digital detox days
- Unlimited sick time
- Community Give Back: We raise funds for NAMI and other charities, walk in company 5ks, clean up local neighborhoods, donate to women’s shelters, and other acts of giving.
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching + free financial advising
- 6-weeks paid leave for new parents
- Summer Fridays (end work at 2pm on Fridays, Memorial Day – Labor Day)
- Customized professional development
- Continuing DEIB education and conversation
- Insight Timer Premium
- Company health & wellness virtual classes led by guest experts
KRUPA is committed to creating an inclusive, high-performing environment and believes we are better and stronger as an organization with authentic representation from diverse communities, backgrounds, and beliefs. We provide equal opportunities to qualified candidates and recruit, hire, train, compensate, educate, and promote persons in all positions without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability, or national origin.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.